Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Splish Splash Birthday Bash

For Chloe's 4th birthday we had a water party. When your birthday falls on the hottest part of the year then you might as well be in the water. We lucked out because there were scattered thunderstorms in the forecast, but we didn't see one drop of rain...not that we would have noticed with all the other water splashing around. I was a tad bit insane and went all out for this one. What can I say? I guess I'm just a party girl!

We decorated with a water/beach theme and the menu consisted of the following:
  • BBQ Pork Sandwiches
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Cupcakes with a beach scene
  • Blue jello
  • Sea Life Swedish Fish
  • Sand Pail Beach Cake

And there were games...but I'm tired and will have to continue this birthday post later.




She's got her party face on and she's ready to roll!




The cake came from a cute kid's cake/treat cookbook. Cute and yummy!! I couldn't have done any of it without my dear, sweet Tessa. She's the best!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

That party looks AMAZING!!!! I thought that I went all out for parties, but those pictures look like they should be in a magazine! Everything is perfect, but I especially love the streamers on the wall. So simple, but it totally transforms the room! Good job!

Becky said...

Wow! I am so impressed...it looks great. You can plan Sophia's next party for me.

Elizabeth said...

Super cute party!! Those cakes turned out amazing! And I agree -- I loved the streamers on the wall.

Unknown said...

The party was fun. My kids had a blast. You r cake skills are amazing. Happy birthday Chloe.