Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stayin' Cool in the Pool

When it gets in the 90's the only way to beat the heat is to either stay indoors (boring) or get in the water. We decided to take the "cool" route and headed for the pool. We've been going once a week to the rec center pool, but this time we just had the fun out back. We loaded up on sun screen, added a slide and let the fun begin. Alanna started out with a regular diaper so I think that's how she was able to float. Chloe was a good big sis again and helped her little sis down the slide. I'm so excited for when Alanna and Chloe will be able to play together, but then Alanna will be all grown up, so I'm not excited for that day. I like my baby girl just the way she is...a baby girl!

Other ways we have beat the heat this summer is getting shave ice with ice cream (YUM), drives up the canyon, eating lots of otter pops, trips to the mall, and going to the movies. Don't these things sound better than hot chocolate and building snowmen? Well, it's pretty close, but I'd pick summer over winter any day. Plus, you don't get cool thunderstorms with lightening that lights up the whole sky in the winter. You also don't get the cool breeze and the smell of fresh rain on a warm evening in the winter either. I don't want summer to ever end.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Cute pics, it was good seeing you guys this weekend.