Show me the money! That's normally what you would say on your way to Vegas, but for us it was all about the R&R...girl's style. We left home late afternoon and didn't get to Vegas until 9:00 p.m., but lucky for us that's when Vegas starts to wake up. Because of an awesome friend we were able to see The Blue Man Group that night (yes, at 10:00 p.m., party animals). Loved it! Then we watched a little gambling and tried to see the "skills" behind it, but I still think it's a gamble. :) I'd rather spend my money on something I can actually take home...like clothes! After us moms were able to prove to ourselves that we were still young and could party like the best of them, we headed back to our room for another treat from the previously mentioned friend...a suite at Mandalay Bay.
Now it was time for the R&R to begin...a good night sleep followed by sleeping in and not waking up to an alarm. So, what do I do? Wake up at 7:00 a.m. Ahhhhhhhhhh! So much for the sleeping in, but at least I got some good reading in. We had wanted to stay at Mandalay Bay because we heard it had an awesome pool...the other part of the R&R. I was all equipped to lay by the pool with a hat and some good reading material. Of course Vegas is hot in the summer, we knew that, but there was a pool to keep us cool, right? WRONG!!! We were even hot in the pool because it was 115 degrees outside. So, the pool R&R didn't last very long.Funny story. What's R&R without some good food? The awesome friend also left us with some food credit at the resorts so we headed off to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory...YUM!! Since we had a large food credit we lived it up. We got the special drink, 3 different cheesecakes (and ate them before dinner came), 3 different dinners and soda. After we stuffed ourselves to the brim we naturally asked for the check, then proceeded to charge the dinner to our room to get the credit. Now for the funny part..."we aren't a part of the resort so you can't charge it to your room." Eyes bulge, jaws drop, palms sweat, laughing begins. Kind of like the Mastercard commercials...Pina Coladas $5, Cheesecake $10, Dinner $20, look on our faces when we have to pay for it ourselves, priceless.
The evening ended on a high note after laughing our heads off at a hypnotist show. Seriously, I thought my jaw was going to fall off by the end of the show. Then we headed back to the room for our last night of rest and I got to sleep in until 10:30...ah!
I had such a good time with my sis-in-laws! They've taken me in just like one of girls and I couldn't have asked to be a part of a better family! Love you, girls!

3 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun! Just what you needed.
Sounds like you had a blast.
What a great getaway! And I loved the story about dinner -- I laughed pretty hard (but sympathetically, of course).
Post a Comment