Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Cooking, baking, more cooking and more baking. There wasn't much time to take pictures because Gina and I were busy in the kitchen (and, boy, did we look good in the kitchen!). With the Macy's day parade in the background and 4 out of the 5 Memmott kids at our house we had quite the busy morning getting ready for the Thanksgiving feast, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Gina and I prepped the turkey, but it in the cooker, then spent the rest of the morning making our family favorite potato rolls (YUM!!!). I wanted to order some rolls from Shirley's bakery because I heard they were good, but I'm so glad we didn't because Thanksgiving wouldn't have been the same without our potato rolls.

We feasted until we couldn't physically fit another morsel into our stomachs, took a break from food while we looked at the ads, feasted some more on dessert, took another break and played some Wii, then had one more small feast on leftover turkey sandwiches and wafer cookies. Can you tell Alanna liked the cookies!

We usually do Black Friday, but this year the ads just weren't that inviting so we didn't go out super early. We went out when most people were coming home (8 a.m.), but still managed to get some good deals. On Saturday we celebrated Ry Ry's 4th birthday at the Brick Oven and then headed to the Memmotts for his camo birthday party.

It was so sad to see Uncle Montie and Aunt Gigi go, but we always look forward to their next visit. We love them so much and hope that they'll move closer to us someday!




No comments: