
Picture day is my most favorite day of the year...NOT!!! Since Kiddie Kandids does the whole free 8x10 on birthdays I took Chloe to get her 2 year pictures taken. The other times we've tried the whole posed picture thing have been bad experiences so this was pretty ambitious for me. This is how the photo shoot went:
Breakfast, wardrobe and hair = good
Ride in the car to the mall = good
Waiting patiently for the store to open = good
First appointment of the day and not too busy = good
Sitting on the bench for the first picture = good
Photographer tries to pose Chloe = BAD!!!
Ride in the car to the mall = good
Waiting patiently for the store to open = good
First appointment of the day and not too busy = good
Sitting on the bench for the first picture = good
Photographer tries to pose Chloe = BAD!!!
As soon as the photographer tried to pose Chloe it was over and my patience test began. She started crying which made her face all red and blotchy (that's one thing she got from me...lucky her!) so we had to calm her down with some fishies to try for some more shots because I think she had only taken one at this point. We tried everything...sitting her on my lap for some close-ups while I leaned back, flowers, teddy bears, puppets, feather duster, squeaky toy...EVERYTHING! But my sweet little angel decided she wanted to be a mommy's girl today. Half an hour later she finally warmed up to the photographer (even giving her fives) so we got a few good shots in. Take a look...






Every year I say that I won't put her or myself through the whole charade ever again, but I must forget. Oh well...an hour of dancing, making funny noices, cheesy grins, basically doing a circus act isn't so bad when you end up with some dang cute pictures. By the way I ended up getting the picture of her holding the chair for my freebie. I bet they loved that...a circus act for a free picture!!
3 comments:
Those pictures turned out so cute! It was worth all the hard work. I get very stressed out for picture taking, too. I just want everything perfect and their smiles are something I have absolutely no control over. But when I do get a great picture, I am the happiest ever!
My favorite is the one behind the chair too! Plus red hair is always cute! I didn't know her hair had that much red in it. CUTE!
She is soooooo cute! I am excited to look at your blog and see what all you are up to it has been so long!!!! I was in utah a few weeks ago and snuck into Hinckley hall and checked out our old rooms!!!
Post a Comment