Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Things

I just finished reading a James Patterson book called "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" and I don't know why it took a silly novel to get me to appreciate the simple things in life, but it did. I've gotten too wrapped up in the meaningless things that I decided to take a step back and notice the simple things that really make me happy. Here it goes in no particular order...

Chloe's giggle
When Jason wrestles with Chloe
When my cats come and curl up on my lap
The first drink of cold milk after eating a chocolate chip cookie
When my dog burrows under the covers then sticks her nose out
The smell after it rains
Holding hands with Jason
Sitting with friends and gabbing for hours
Laughing about something with my sister until we almost pee our pants
Walking barefoot on soft grass
Reading a good book
Singing itsy bitsy spider with Chloe
Listening to a newborn sleep
Looking at old family pictures
Rocking out to 80's hair band music
Playing hide and seek when you're almost 30
When Chloe watches me with her big eyes while a sing a good night song
Getting into a warm bed when it's cold outside
Listening to piano music
Falling asleep on a Sunday afternoon
The smell of homemade rolls in the oven
Eating homemade rolls with butter and homemade raspberry jam

When I started to think of these things the list just started flowing. My goal is to keep it going so that I take in the simple things each day of my life.

No comments: