Monday, September 29, 2008

Time out

The doctor said it was time to start some sort of discipline now before it was too late, so he suggested time outs. Well, we really didn't need any sort of discipline, UNTIL HE SUGGESTED IT! All the sudden (maybe it's the terrible 2's) Chloe has started screaming at me with a really mean look on her face. I'm sure it's the same look on my face when someone cuts me off on the freeway...you know the look. So, I decided to try a time out for 2 minutes and this is what happened.
It broke my heart, but I held my ground and amazing enough she actually stayed in the chair. The incredible thing about kids is that they don't hold grudges because as soon as the time was over I got a big hug and she was back to my sweet little girl. Oh to be a kid again!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, poor girl! I am sure you are doing the right thing! Your hair is getting long - it's cute!

dna said...

Hey Jennifer! I'm glad you posted on my blog! We are getting to that stage with Claire too- How do you discipline a 17 month old?? I have tried time-out, but I guess I just need to start being more firm and more consistant. :-)

Jody said...

The time out pics look familiar. I remember those days. It is very hard to stand your ground. I don't think I would be ver good at it, especially with that look on her face. Then again she has to learn. I love you all, Love Mom