Saturday, August 15, 2009

Washington Trip: Day 4

Day 4 was our annual trip to Northwest Trek. My dad absolutely loves this place so it's been a tradition to take the grandkids here every year. I think my family has been going ever since my siblings and I were young kids. In fact, when I was very young I got lost here because my brother let go of my hand, or at least that's the tale I've been told over the years. Northwest Trek is kind of like a zoo except you observe animals in their natural habitat and they are animals commonly found in the pacific northwest. Its claim to fame is that you never see the same thing twice. We saw deer, elk, bison, moose, big horn sheep, rams, black bears, grizzly bears, wolves, beavers, otters and so forth. I think you get the picture. Most of these animals we saw on the tram ride around the park which is hundreds of acres. Chloe loved being on a "bus." Her next favorite thing was the otters. Actually all the kids loved the otters. They would run up to the window and the otter would come over and do a somersault for them. The kids probably could have stayed at the otter exhibit all day. As you can tell Northwest Trek was a big hit once again.











2 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Your pictures are so cute. It looks like you had lots of fun!