Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The End

Yes, it's true, I'm as addicted to Edward and the Twilight craze as the rest of you (don't be afraid to admit it)! So, how could I be a true fan and not go to the midnight release party? Well, to be honest with you I had no intention of going. I really don't have the patience for lines which is why I pre-ordered a copy from Walmart. But then my sister said she might go with some friends and I jumped aboard the train. We went to Borders in Provo where they were having live bands, contests, debates and raffles. I have never seen so many people in a book store! Here is my sister's friend...she didn't win the T-shirt contest, but she should have! There wasn't another T-shirt like it!




We started out with #684 in line, but, long story short, a friend of a friend of a friend had #60 and we had the book in hand by 12:15!





I usually don't stay up past 10:30, but how could I go to bed when I had the ending of one of my all-time favorite love stories in my hands...so I didn't. My sister and I stayed up until 4:00 a.m. reading the book. I went home and slept for a few hours, then I read...

and read some more...



still reading...





and read again until I finished on Sunday (after going to all 3 hours of church!). Yes, Chloe and Jason get ignored somewhat, but after all is said and done they still love me! And I love you too!
I loved all the books so I couldn't figure out why I so disappointed when I finish Breaking Dawn. I didn't realize until a friend at work pointed out that she was sad because the story was over. BINGO! I will miss escaping the real world to read about Edward and Bella, but I'm sure it won't be long before I pick up the series and read it again, and again, and again. You get the picture!

2 comments:

G-Dawg and the Fam said...

Thanks a million times for letting me buy your extra book!!
I agree. I'm sad that it's over. And yet, I would go crazy if it wasn't! Those darn books! Andy was so mad at me for the whole day and night that I took to read it non stop! He's definately glad the obsession has come to an end. Little does he know... are you planning on the midnight movie?!

jennifer said...

I'm definitely going to the midnight movie! Is there a group from our ward planning on going?