Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't forget my shoes

For the first 14 months of her life Alanna has had zero desire to wear shoes. As soon as we put the shoes on they would be off. In fact, she would sometimes have the first one off before we got the second one on. And even if we were able to get them both on and distract her, as soon as we were in the car they would be off so we gave up. Same was true for socks. So, yes, I was the bad mom walking into the store in the middle of a winter storm with a barefoot baby. Well, a few days ago that changed. When we asked Chloe to get her shoes on Alanna grabbed some socks and a shoe and was trying to put them on. Yay for big sisters being a good example. Now, let's hope she hops onto the potty one of these days (but I won't hold my breath).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She wears shoes at my house when we go outside. I guess it is worth it if you get to go out to play.