Saturday, November 20, 2010

Halloween 2010

For Halloween this year Chloe was Jessie from Toy Story and Alanna was a cat (for as long as she could stand it). Can you believe this costume was Makayla's when she was a little girl (10 years ago). I guess a good classic never goes out of style.

Chloe finishing off some yummy sugar cookies we had around for the holidays.

Our primary class earned a Halloween party for being good in class. Our games included musical chairs (Halloween style), duck duck goose, wrap a mummy, feeling body parts from a leftover body we found outside on the road (i.e. grapes, pretzel sticks, noodles, bananas, corn, etc.). Our activities included coloring paper plate masks, ghost suckers and decorating sugar cookies. Fun, fun, fun!


We had a family Halloween party with the Fehers. For dinner we made cheese fondue with bread, sausage, broccoli, and cauliflower along with our spooky drink. Funny blonde moment followed the next day when I went to get the dry ice out of the freezer and all I found was the bag. Ha Ha! Then for dessert we had chocolate fondue (YUM!) with pretzels, macaroons, and angel food cake.





For fun Tiffanie planned some awesome games. We bowled with mini pumpkins, and a game to see who could get the most candy corn into pumpkins tied to papa's waist. Then, Jason set up a spook alley downstairs in the basement. Chloe was so freaked out by the scary costumes there was no way she was going downstairs. I think she was also traumatized by the many, many times daddy has spooked her in the past. If Jason or Lance got anywhere near their masks she flipped out. Too many trips to the Halloween store I guess!





I found these matching Halloween jammies before Alanna was even born, so they had obviously been "in storage" for awhile. Well, with my amazing memory these days I almost didn't find them in time for Halloween. So these jammies were worn on the 31st, just in the nick of time. We've always chuckled when Jason's parents would hide candy for Christmas then not find it until Easter...now I'm doing it!! Ahhhh! Getting old is not fun!


2 comments:

Becky said...

The girls look so cute in their costumes! I always forget stuff I have, but oh well fun to find it later I guess :)

Unknown said...

Wow, you had a lot of fun.